My street is being cleaned on Thursday and Friday mornings. I can never remember which side is when of course; and even if I could then I'm never quite sure where I parked. What does that mean? That I go down to check at some odd hour way too often.
So I just went down. What I learned:
- I don't remember the last time I went outside. Maybe I went to the store yesterday, but I am not sure. Before that? Who knows. I am not sure I have been outside since Sunday.
- It's getting cold outside at 5am.
- When you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt anyway.
- I didn't remember where my car was at all. I found it because it said "beep" behind me when I pressed lock on the remote.
- That felt a bit odd.
- The moon looked wicked cool.
So cool that I had to go up and get my camera. Does it look like this every month? I vaguely recall having raved about it before. You see, back in Denmark the moon doesn't lay down.
I couldn't find my tripod mount, so the photo is handheld. (Yuck). Handheld D1x at 180mm in the middle of the night isn't fun.
Color correction nonsense sucks so badly. I Photoshop on my Powerbook; so the moon photo looked bright and nice there. Now on Linux it's all fuzzy grey. But still neat, no?
Okay, sleepy time. Really.